Upcoming events in Halton, Ontario
Coldest Night of the Year Milton
Canada's National Walk for Homelessness!
The Coldest Night of the Year is a fantastically fun, family-friendly walking fundraiser that raises money for the hungry, homeless and hurting in 100+ communities across Canada.
In Milton we are walking for Milton Transitional Housing, a community-based, registered Canadian charity that provides bridge accommodation and supportive counselling to people in Milton who are experiencing a housing crisis. Our purpose is to assist participants in overcoming the challenges that prevent them from securing and maintaining a stable, affordable home. Our goal, from Hope to Home, summarizes our belief that lives can be rebuilt with support and assistance from their community.
The WALK is held on Saturday, February 23, 2019 and provides each participant the opportunity to:
- walk 2, 5 or 10 km's.
- fundraise much needed money for a local, hard-serving charity.
- feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness - particularly during the winter.
Since 2011, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised $7.9 million dollars through the tireless efforts of each of our well known and well respected location charities.
Each Coldest Night of the Year location is operated by a local, community-based registered Canadian charity working in agreement with the Coldest Night of the Year.
- 0-10 Free
- 11-17 - Youth (pay small fee or raise minimum of $75)
- 18+ - Adult (pay small fee or raise minimum of $150)
WALK Day Details:
The Milton walk with start and finish at the Milton Sports Centre, 605 Santa Maria Blvd, Milton, ON L9T 6J5 (Derry Road at Santa Maria Boulevard) and the walk will wind through the Willmott neighbourhood to the southwest of the Milton Sports Centre.
Here's the schedule for the walk:
- 4:00 - Registration opens
- 5:00 - Opening Ceremonies
- 5:15 - Walk begins (all distances)
- 6:00 - Registration closes
- 6:00 - Hot soup, warm drinks and sweet treats ready for you when you complete your walk
- 8:00 - Route closes
Between 6:00 and 8:00 pm a warm, light meal will be served to all walkers and volunteers. So, be sure to linger with us afterwards, share some laughs, hang with some friends and celebrate the walk - at least till you warm up.
To make donations online, volunteer or register a team, go to our website: https://cnoy.org/milton