Upcoming events in Halton, Ontario
History Explorers Club
New at Ireland House Museum
History Explorers Club is a supervised drop-off program one Sunday per month at Ireland House Museum between 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm. We will be exploring history through hands-on activities!
Cost is $10/child (ages 5 - 12).
Pre-registration is required, and space is limited. Register online at museumsofburlington.ca or call 905-332-9888.
- October 14: Ancient Greece - Learn about Ancient Greece, mythology, archeology and more
- November 11: Remembrance Day - Today we remember the sacrifices of the men, women, and children who served our country to make it the home we enjoy today. Learn about the role of an Army Chaplain, put together care packages, and bake hard tack over the fire.
- December 9: Victorian Christmas - Celebrate the holiday season with us by learning about Victorian Christmas traditions, baking gingerbread cookies on the hearth, and making a popcorn and cranberry garland.
- January 20: Vikings - Live like a Viking today as we bake Viking bread by the fire, go on a runes treasure hunt, and build our own catapults!
- February 17: Renaissance - Become a Renaissance master by sculpting like Michelangelo, recreating da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, and creating natural watercolour paints!
- March 17: Maple Production - It’s maple season! Help to tap a tree, collect and boil sap, make delicious maple candies, and craft a maple-themed tin punch decoration!
- April 28: The New World - The continents that will become North and South America have been gaining popularity, so let’s go and see what they’re all about. We’ll learn about sea travel, and some of the indigenous peoples who live in the New World!
- May 26: Gold Rush - Did you hear? They just found gold in the Klondike River! We’re going to build our own wagons to travel out there, make our own gold pans, and search for gold! Come and see if you can strike it rich!
- June 9: Victorian Garden Party - Celebrate the summer with a Victorian garden party! Learn some old-fashioned games, try reading tea leaves, and make some ice cream and lemonade!